Page Attribute command is used to captures a web page attribute, such as the Page URL, title or keywords or page metadata.
Below screenshot shows the simplest example where the Page Attribute command can be used.
Click the Transformation Script button to enter a Regular Expression or write a .NET script that will transform the attribute value to meet your requirements. See the Content Transformation Script topic for more information.
Act as System Value: Acts as a system value that is guaranteed to be present, and does not participate in an empty data row check. Default value is set to False.
Allow Empty Value:Default value is set to True which allow empty or missing values. Allow Empty set to False indicates that it will not allow null values .
Always Update Design Value: This property value set to True indicates that the design value is updated whenever possible, and not just when editing the command. The Default value is set to False.
Change Tracking: Default value is set to ‘Include’ specifies the captured content will cause change tracking to record a change. Change Tracking value set to Exclude indicates that capture commands can be excluded from change tracking, so if the captured data changes, it will not cause the last change status for the data entry to change.
Create Index: Creates an index in the internal database for the column holding this content. This can improve performance when a duplicate check is performed on this content.
Data Consumer: Specifies the input data to use when processing this command.
- Captured Data Command: Specifies the previously captured data column name which you want to use as input data .
- Data Source: The source of the data consumed.
- Data Transformation Script: Data transformation script. Default value is set to Disabled which is reflected by "Enabled" property value False. If you want to enable the data transformation script then you need to set to "Enabled" property value as True.
- Input Parameter Name : Specifies the input parameter name to use .
- Provider Column Name: Specifies a column from the data source that should provide the data to this command. specifies a command that provides data to the agent. A command can provide data to itself.
- Provider Container: Specifies a command that provides data to this command.
Data Format: This property specifies the data format of captured content.
Data Format Style: This property specifies the style of data format for captured content. Default value is set to ‘None’.
Data Type: The data type of captured content.
- Short Text: All content will be captured as Short Text by default. Short Text content can be up to 4000 characters long.
- Long Text: Long Text content can be any length, but cannot always be used in comparisons, so you may not be able to include Long Text content in duplicate checks.
- Integer: A whole number.
- Float: A floating point number.
- Date/Time: A date and/or time value.
- Boolean: A value that can be true or false. Boolean values are stored as 1 or 0 integer values.
- Binary: A variable-length stream of binary data ranging between 1 and 8,000 bytes.
- Big Integer: A 64-bit signed integer.
- Decimal: Represents a decimal floating-point number. A fixed precision and scale numeric value between -10 38 -1 and 10 38 -1.
- GUID: A globally unique identifier (or GUID).A GUID is a 128-bit integer (16 bytes) that can be used across all computers and networks wherever a unique identifier is required. Such an identifier has a very low probability of being duplicated.
- Document: The captured data is a document in binary form. This can be used in capture commands that stores a downloaded document from the web.
- Image: The captured data is an image in binary form. Can be used in capture commands that stores a downloaded image from the web.
- Temporary: The captured data is not stored in the internal database, and also not exported. Can be used as temporary storage during agent run time.
Date/Time Conversion: This property specifies the possible options one can choose to allow for date/time conversion. for e.g. If we set AssumeLocalTime, then it explicitly assumes as local time i.e. whatever time is defined in the field using script (UTC NOW/Universal or Only NOW/Local). On the other hand, If we set Universal LocalTime, then it explicitly assumes as universal time i.e. whatever time is defined in the field using script (UTC NOW/Universal or Only NOW/Local).
Decimal Precision: Specify decimal Precision. Default value is 19.
Decimal Scale: Specify decimal Scale. Default value is 4.
Design Value: The value to use for this capture command in the agent editor. This value can be important when testing scripts in the editor if the scripts depend on captured data.
Key Column: The captured content is used to identify a data entry if this option is set to true.
Make Data Available to Parent Commands: Copies the extracted data to all parent data rows, making the data available to parent commands executed after this command.
Max. Data Length: The maximum length of captured content when using the Short Text data type. The maximum possible length depends on the chosen database. Default value is set to 4000.
Raise Validation Error: Default value is set to TRUE adds a page load error if value validation fails.
Transformation Script: A script used to transform the captured content.
Use Data Value: Captures a data value instead of a property of the selected web element. The web selection is ignored when this option is true.
User Defined Design Value: This property value set to True indicates the design value for this capture command is user defined instead of set automatically when the command is saved.
Validation Time: Default value is set to Runtime specifies when data validation will take place. If you want to data validation at export time instead of Run time then you can set this property value as “Export” .
Command Description: A custom description for the command.Default value is Empty.
Command Transformation Script: A script used to change command properties at run time. The default value is disabled.
Disabled: This property set to True allows user to disable the command. A disabled command will be ignored. The default value is set to False.
ID: This property indicates the internal unique ID of the command and is always auto- generated e.g. 58c8e4ac-e4c0-48f7-a63d-77064945380b.
Increase Data Count: This property indicates the data count every time this command is processed. The default value is set to False. Set it to TRUE if you want to get the count of the number of times a specific command is executed to get the data. The data count value is increased during data extraction, so it is used to measure agent progress and basis this increased data count, the agent decides the success criteria.
Name: This property specifies the name of the command.
Notify On Critical Error: A notification email is sent at the end of an agent run if the command encounters a critical error, and the agent has been configured to notify on critical errors. Critical errors include page load errors and missing required web selections. Default value is set to False.
Debug BreakPoint: Debugging will break at this command if the break point is set.Default value is set to False.
Debug Disabled: A disabled command will be ignored during debugging. Default value is set to False.
Debug Error Option: This property specifies what action to take when an error occurs in the debugger. Default value is set to Notify which indicates that when an error occurs at debugging time , then it will be notified. If we want to ignore the error at debug time , then we need to set this property value as Ignore.
Excel Column Format: Specifies the format of the data column holding the captured data when exporting to Excel or PDF. This is useful in cases where one needs to apply particular format like NUMBER, DATE, CURRENCY etc.
In addition, it is to be noted that when the Export target is set to anything other than Excel or PDF, any value under this property will not come into play.
Excel Column Width: Specifies the width of the data column holding the captured data when exporting to Excel or PDF.
Export Enabled: A command with Export Enabled set to false will not save any data to data output. Default value is set to True indicates that data will be output.
Merge Rows Method: When the parent list Container command option "Export Method" is set to "Add Columns And Merge Rows", this option specifies how to combine row values.
Merge Rows Value Separator: When "Merge Rows Method" is set to "Concatenate", this separator is used to separate the extracted values.
Sort Order: Specifies the order in which the column is listed when exporting to a file format.
Attribute Name: Specifies the name of the page attribute such as Page URL, Page Title etc. which you want to capture.