Agents can be deployed to a cluster on Agent Control Center, a cluster may contain a single server or multiple servers. A cluster which contains only one server is called Single Server Cluster. Single Server Deployment is not available any more on Agent Control Center, this feature is only available in Sequentum Enterprise (Desktop). If you wish to deploy your agent on a single server then you need to create a Single Server Cluster and then agents can be deployed there. For details regarding the cluster deployment, please read Cluster deployment.
Managing Single-Server Deployments in Sequentum Enterprise (Desktop)
This section covers details on management of single-server deployments in Sequentum Enterprise desktop application.
Deploying an Agent to a Single Server
Open Agent Repository and select an agent that you wish to deploy to a server. Right click on the agent then go to Single Server Deployments → Add Deployment.
Select a server from the drop-down list, tick the Deploy latest version checkbox and click the Save button to deploy the agent to the selected server.
The newly added deployment gets displayed in the "Agent Deployments" window.
Viewing All Server Deployments
Click on the "View All Deployments" context menu item to view all server deployments for the selected agent.
The "Agent Deployments" window displays information on all server deployments in tabular form with the following columns:
- Server: Deployment server name.
- Deployed Version: The version of the agent that is deployed on the server.
- Scheduled: Specifies if the agent is scheduled or not on the deployment server.
- Config: Specifies if a configuration file is set and applied to the deployed agent. Refer to the Add Shared Config and Agent Configuration Files articles for further details.
- Proxy Pool: Displays the proxy pool name applied to the deployed agent.
- Success Criteria: Displays the success criteria applied to the deployed agent.
- Default: Specifies if the server deployment is the default deployment.
An agent can be deployed to multiple servers. Click on the "New Deployment" button to add another server deployment.
Agent Deployments Menu Options
To manage a server deployment, right-click on a row in the "Agent Deployments" table to display a context menu with all available actions. Each action is described below:
- Edit Schedules: Allows user to add/manage schedules for the deployed agent in the server via the "Schedules" window.
- Deploy Latest Version: Deploys the latest checked-in version of the agent to the server.
- Change Server: Allows user to change the deployment server and optionally deploy the agent to the new server.
- Copy to Server: Copies the deployment (including schedules and configurations) to another server, with an option to deploy the agent to the new server.
- Remove Server Deployment: Removes all files and folders associated with the deployed agent from the server. Although the agent gets removed from the deployment server, the server deployment record still remains in the Agent Deployments list on the Agent Control Center. To completely remove the server deployment record from the Agent Control Center, use the "Delete Deployment" instead.
- Delete Deployment: Removes the agent from the deployment server, and deletes the deployment server record from the Agent Control Center.
- Run Deployed Agent: Allows user to run the agent on the deployment server with configurable run and input parameters via the "Run Agent" window.
- Deployed Agent Status: Displays the agent's execution status in the deployment server. Status information displayed includes Data Count, Progress, Run-Time, Status, Page Loads, Page Errors. You can also Run/Stop the agent, or view log files from the "Agent Run Status" window . Check out the Agent's Execution Status section for further details.
- Set Configuration: Allows user to set and apply custom configuration for the agent on the deployment server. Check the validity of the configuration by clicking the "Validate" button. Check out the Agent Configuration Files article for more details.
- Remove Configuration: Removes custom configuration that was set for the agent from the deployment server.
Agent's Execution Status
The option to view the deployed agent's execution status on a single server can be found in the following context menu locations:
Single Server Deployment→View All Deployments→Deployed Agent Status→Agent Run Status
Single Server Deployment→Default Deployment→Agent Status→Agent Run Status
The "Agent Run Status" window displays the agent's execution status in the deployment server.
Synchronizing All Deployments
As soon as you start using the Agent Control Center to manage developed and deployed agents on servers from a single platform, you will need to use this option to synchronize and bring all your agents to a single place. When you click on this option it will first find the location of your agent on the deployed server and then sync all your files and folders of the agent to the agent control center folder on the deployed server.
Note: The Synchronize All Deployments option is only available for backward compatibility.