The Sequentum Enterprise software (formerly Content Grabber Enterprise) consists of two core licenses:
- Sequentum Enterprise Desktop - For development & maintenance of web data extraction agents.
- Sequentum Enterprise Server - For running agents in production environments.
The Server license also includes the Sequentum Agent Control Center, which provides a centralized platform for large-scale web data extraction operations.
Please see the license agreement in the Sequentum Enterprise installation folder for the full license agreement. In this article, we highlight the most important differences between the Sequentum Enterprise license types.
Sequentum Enterprise Desktop
Sequentum Enterprise Desktop is essential for the development of web data extraction agents. It provides both a development platform for producing web data extraction agents and a production run-time. This license alone can be used for single server operations. One user license is required per developer, server or cloud.
Sequentum Desktop is the only current license that can be used for web data extraction agent creation. If you are just beginning or are only after a single user license, you would only need Sequentum Enterprise for Desktop.
Key Features for the Sequentum Enterprise Desktop license:
- If a current-license copy of the Desktop edition of the software is running on a computer, then a single user may create, edit and run web data extraction agents.
- There is no restriction on the number of agents that can be created or run.
- The Desktop license can also run agents developed in legacy Content Grabber license types viz. Professional Edition and Premium Edition, but the only features that will function are those that are available in these older licenses.
Restrictions for the Sequentum Enterprise Desktop license:
- Auto scheduling is not included in the Enterprise Desktop license. This requires Enterprise Server.
- API functionality is not included in the Enterprise Desktop license. This requires Enterprise Server.
Sequentum Enterprise Server
Sequentum Enterprise Server is an optimized production run-time license which can also be used for full maintenance of existing agents. Organizations who want separate development and production environments should use Server in conjunction with Sequentum Enterprise Desktop.
When you purchase a Sequentum Enterprise for Server license, you also get the Agent Control Center. A single Server license is required per server machine or cloud instance.
The Sequentum Server license cannot be used to create new agents, but it can run and fully edit agents built in Sequentum Enterprise for Desktop.
Key Features of the Sequentum Enterprise Server license:
- Auto scheduling is included in the Enterprise Server license.
- API functionality is included in the Enterprise Server license.
Restrictions for the Sequentum Enterprise Server license:
- New agents cannot be created with the Enterprise Server license and can only be edited/modified. New agents can only be created using the Enterprise Desktop license.
Sequentum Agent Control Center (ACC)
The Agent Control Center (ACC) was previously licensed separately and is now included with the Sequentum Enterprise for Server license.
The ACC provides a fully managed end-to-end enterprise data extraction platform. It was developed to facilitate large-scale web data extraction operations with multiple users. The ACC provides centralized management of all agents, servers, security, software updates, schedules, deployments, user access, proxy pools, support tickets, and more; all within your own cloud or data center environment.
The ACC seamlessly integrates with and can be accessed from the Sequentum Enterprise for Server license.
The following Sequentum Content Grabber licenses are no longer sold by Sequentum but continue to be supported.
- Sequentum Enterprise(legacy)/ CG Enterprise
- Premium Edition
- Professional Edition
- Server Edition.
Please refer to the old Support manual for more details on these legacy licenses. For assistance on upgrading to the latest Sequentum Enterprise software licenses please email Sequentum at firstname.lastname@example.org.