Sequentum Enterprise is a Windows-based software application. The supported versions of Windows are Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019. While a Macintosh version is not available, a number of users utilize Parallel's windows emulation software and other windows emulators to successfully run Sequentum Enterprise.
Installing Sequentum Enterprise is easy. Simply follow these steps:
1. Download the setup file from the Sequentum website.
2. Find the sequentum_[version].zip file on your local disk (likely to be your Downloads folder).
NOTEWith the release of Sequentum Enterprise Software version 2.73.0, the setup file will be downloaded as sequentum_[version].zip.
The older versions will still be downloaded as contentgrabber_[version].zip.
3. Open the zip file and you will see 2 files as ReadMe, and setup.exe file.
4. For Enterprise (Legacy) License, run the setup.exe file to start the setup process, or just double-click the setup.exe file to launch it and select the Server Edition to continue the installation process.
5. For Enterprise Desktop License, run the setup.exe file to start the setup process and select the Desktop Edition to install the software on a Windows 10 Desktop machine.
The install_desktop setup process does not install the Sequentum Enterprise service on the windows machine and thus the auto-scheduling and API functionality is also not available with the Desktop installation.
6. For Enterprise Server License, run the setup.exe file to start the setup process, or just double-click the setup.exe file to launch it and select the Server Edition to continue the installation process.
The server setup also installs the Sequentum Enterprise service on the windows server and thus the auto-scheduling and API functionality gets added automatically with the Server installation.
For more details on Sequentum Licensing visit Editions & Licensing topic.
7. The Enterprise Desktop license cannot be activated if the installation is run by selecting the Server Edition from the Sequentum Enterprise Edition window. The user will see the following licensing error on the Software Activation window:
To run the setup with Server Edition it is mandatory to use either the Enterprise Server license or the Enterprise (Legacy) license.
8. The Enterprise Server license cannot be activated if the installation is run by selecting the Desktop Edition and the following licensing error will be shown on the Software Activation window.