Sequentum Enterprise is a Windows-based software application. The supported versions of Windows are Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019. While a Macintosh version is not available, a number of users utilize Parallel's windows emulation software and other windows emulators to successfully run Sequentum Enterprise.
Installing Sequentum Enterprise is easy. Simply follow these steps:
1. Download the setup file from the Sequentum website.
2. Find the sequentum_[version].zip file on your local disk (likely to be your Downloads folder).
NOTEWith the release of Sequentum Enterprise Software version 2.73.0, the setup file will be downloaded as sequentum_[version].zip.
The older versions will still be downloaded as contentgrabber_[version].zip.
3. Open the zip file and you will see 3 files as install_desktop,install_server, and setup.exe file.
4. For Enterprise (Legacy) License, run the install_server Windows Batch File, and it will run the setup.exe file to start the setup process, or just double-click the setup.exe file to launch it.
5. For Enterprise Desktop License, run the install_desktop Windows Batch File and, and it will run the "Desktop" setup.exe /NOSERVICE setup process to install the software on a Windows 10 Desktop machine. The install_desktop setup process does not install the Sequentum Enterprise service on the windows machine and thus the auto-scheduling and API functionality is also not available with the Desktop installation.
6. For Enterprise Server License, run the install_server Windows Batch File, and it will run the start "Server" setup.exe setup process, or just double-click the setup.exe file to launch it. The server setup also installs the Sequentum Enterprise service on the windows server and thus the auto-scheduling and API functionality gets added automatically with the Server installation.
For more details on Sequentum Licensing visit Editions & Licensing topic.
7. The Enterprise Desktop license cannot be activated if the installation is run using the setup.exe file or is run using the install_server Windows Batch File. The user will see the following licensing error on the Software Activation window:
To run the setup.exe or to run the install_server batch file it is mandatory to use either the Enterprise Server license or the Enterprise (Legacy) license.
8. The Enterprise Server license cannot be activated if the installation is run using the install_desktop batch file and the following licensing error will be shown on the Software Activation window.